The position of Producer is responsible for identifying, soliciting and closing new business for the company. You will also be responsible for the retention of your clients in collaboration with the client service team.
You will aggressively develop and manage an active pipeline through seeking out prospects, calling on potential clients, conducting in-depth analysis/risk assessments, presenting information on the organization’s capabilities, strategically cross-selling products assigned with clients’ needs and introducing technical specialist to win and retain each client’s business. The majority of your activity in this role will be directed toward the generation of new sales to prospective clients. Your success will be based on your ability to win new business, retain existing business and meet or exceed established sales goal targets related to revenue growth and penetration into industry specific targets.
- 5+ years of experience in soliciting and placing group medical and prescription drug business for employers with 50 lives and above
- Must also have experience in soliciting and placing group dental, life and disability plans
- Must be familiar with Affordable Care Act rules as well as HSA, HRA, FSA and COBRA requirements and administration
- Knowledge of the ERISA, HIPAA and other regulations that impact group health and welfare plans
- Proven track record of successful pipeline development, delivery of effective sales strategies and a reputation as a client-centric sales professional
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Polished and well developed oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and proven ability to diagnose and resolve issues
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Action oriented individual with perseverance and a drive for results.
- An intellectual horsepower that is approachable, with interpersonal savvy.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study required
- Valid state-relevant insurance license(s)
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Word and MS Outlook.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following
- Build an active pipeline of qualified prospects, generating leads from personal contacts, external centers of influence, client referrals, CME associates and CME marketing sources.
- Prepare proposals and presentations using marketing resources
- Design individual prospect sales strategies and develop unique prospect programs
- Align with individual client sales strategies
- Conduct thorough needs analysis/risk assessment to uncover prospects/client unique coverage needs
- Provide consultative advice in key risk areas
- Aggressively identify and close potential cross-sell opportunities
- Maintain consistent/high quality touch points by phone and face-to-face with clients
- Participate in stewardship meetings
- Develop new relationships with individuals responsible for insurance and risk management
- Participate and take leadership roles in targeted community and professional associations
- Support CME with special projects as assigned.
Very flexible and competitive arrangements for Producers with an existing book of business
If interested, please send your resume to Charmaine Naut at firstname.lastname@example.org